Sunday 26 April 2009

Snooker and other TV

Last night found me watching a bit of telly.

I've always enjoyed snooker, and had some of that on for a bit. Is it me, or are the audiences getting noisier? Not very fair when there are two tables playing.....

I pressed the red button at one stage, and watched a couple of 'classic frames'. The 147 break by Cliff Thorburn in 1983 was a bit of an eye opener. Nice quiet audience, with the occasional ripple of applause and a standing ovation when the break was over.

Switching over, I watched the remake of Reggie Perrin. Clunes is excellent, but why, oh why do we need the laughter track? Come on auntie beeb, I don't need prompting when to laugh. Humour is a personal thing, and I object strongly to being told when I should be laughing.

Rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment