Saturday 25 April 2009

Moles

I love moles.

Since going self-employed, one of the most rewarding things I've done to pass the time and earn an honest crust is to trap the little velvet fellows.

It's good, easy work for me. Unlike the normal 'run of the mill' pest control work, you get to show off your results. The farmers I've done work for seem to be pleased with my results, and the money is more forthcoming than with rats.

Charging a per mole fee is nice and straightforward. Unlike some of my contemporaries, I haven't bothered with travelling charges, or minimum fees, it's just a straight x per mole caught.

Even the garden jobs have been a pleasure. I was delighted to catch a mole right underneath a sonic/solar powered/vibrating/crappy mole 'chaser' the other day. The customer was understandably miffed that he'd wasted money on the things.......

No comments:

Post a Comment